Big Time Rush Forum Index Big Time Rush
Carlos Pena, Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Logan Henderson

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAIKOU

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMT

PostPosted: 22-06-2018 03:13:28    Post subject: HAIKOU Reply with quote

By Spencer Musick

BEIJING, Oct. 6 (Xinhua) -- The sixth day of action at the China Open on Thursday saw several major upsets on the WTA side of things.

The biggest shocker of the day saw No.1 seed Angelique Kerber of Germany stunned by 16th seed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine in their third-round meeting.

It is the second time the Ukrainian has bested a No.1 player during this season.

Svitolina dominated the first set with strong defense against Kerber's serves and aggressive play at the baseline, taking it with relative ease in 44 minutes.

Kerber fought back in the second set, leveling at five games all, but in the end was unable to keep pace with her opponent.

Kerber said that she is not feeling in her best form, and missed several chances during the match.

"I had my chances, for sure, but I didn't take it. I make a lot of easy mistakes. I was not playing my best, for sure. Physically I was not 100% so I was not able to play my best," she said.

Svitolina said she is pleased with her overall performance, and most of all happy that she was able to close out the match in two sets.

"Yeah, I'm really, really happy that I won today. Really happy that I finish with two sets because last time playing in Montreal, I was really close."

The Ukrainian goes on to meet Australian Daria Gavrilova in the quarterfinals.

Another upset, and one that delighted the home crowd at the Diamond Court, saw world No.36 and China's top-ranked player Zhang Shuai advance to the quarterfinals with a convincing 6-0, 6-3 victory over fourth seed Simona Halep.

The victory marked Zhang becoming the first Chinese woman to reach the last eight at the China Open since Li Na pulled it off in 2013.

"It's very big win today. After the Australia Open, this is second time we meet this year. I'm feeling I play much better than the Australia Open because I have more confidence. Especially we are in the China Open, my favorite tournament, so I'm really happy," said Zhang.

Zhang broke three times to win the first set 6-0 with only 18 minutes. Halep from Romania stormed to a 3-1 lead in the second set, but the host player fought back to win five games in a row to seal the victory.

Polish third-seed Agnieszka Radwanska was one big name who managed to advance. She moved into the quarterfinals with a straight-set 6-3, 6-1 win over former world number one Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark.

Radwanska, who was down 0-2 going into the third game of the opening set, said that in hindsight she wanted to avoid getting off to a rough start.

"Yes, I think (if it had gone to) 3-love, for sure it's a slow and bad start. For sure, that was one of the most important games in that set. Well, I think it's much easier to play when it's just 1-2," she said.

Also advancing on the WTA side was Britain's Johanna Konta, who took out Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic 6-1, 3-6, 7-6 (2).

On the ATP side, much action was suspended due to rain on the outside courts.

Second seed Rafael Nadal of Spain moved into the quarterfinals with a nail biter of a 6-1, 7-6 (6) win over Frenchman Adrian Mannarino.

Nadal broke Mannarino twice to open up the match, and pulled ahead to 3-0 before the Frenchman was able to reply to make it 1-3.

Nadal took the first set with ease in 29 minutes, winning 75 percent of his points on the first serve.

The second set was a different story entirely, with Nadal making 17 of his total of 21 unforced errors in the one hour 51 minutes marathon that was touch and go for the Spaniard throughout.

As the second set wore on, Nadal became visibly tired and Mannarino was able to level it at 6-all and send the match to a tiebreaker, which itself went all the way to 6-all before Nadal managed to squeak out a win.

Also advancing was Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who defeated sixth-seed Frenchman Lucas Pouille 6-7 (3), 7-6 (0), 6-4. Enditem

KOBE http://www.cheapbook.org/images/pic/Jordan2015/Jordan-11/mens-air-jordan-11-retro-thunder-black-yellow-basketball-shoes.jpg , Japan, Sept. 22 (Xinhua) -- Following is the draw for the quarterfinals of the women's table tennis World Cup announced on Sunday:

Liu Shiwen http://www.cheapbook.org/images/pic/Jordan2015/Jordan-11/mens-air-jordan-11-retro-two-rings-white-metal-gold-varsity-red-basketball-shoes.jpg , China vs Yu Mengyu, Singapore

Jiang Huajun http://www.cheapbook.org/images/pic/Jordan2015/Jordan-11/womens-air-jordan-11-retro-university-red-silver-basketball-shoes-136046-013.jpg , Hong Kong, China vs Shen Yanfei http://www.cheapbook.org/images/pic/Jordan2015/Jordan-11/mens-womens-air-jordan-11-gs-velvet-heiress-basketball-shoes-black-metallic-gold-white-852625-651.jpg , Spain

Wu Yang, China vs Fukuhara Ai http://www.cheapbook.org/images/pic/Jordan2015/Jordan-11/air-jordan-11-gs-velvet-heiress-womens-basketball-shoes-purple-gape-white.jpg , Japan

Ishikawa Kasumi, Japan vs Feng Tianwei http://www.cheapbook.org/images/pic/Jordan2015/Jordan-11/mens-air-jordan-11-gs-velvet-heiress-royal-blue-white-basketball-shoes.jpg , Singapore

HO CHI MINH CITY, July 5 (Xinhua) -- Former world heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson will be in Vietnam on July 12 to act in a movie directed by Hong Kong woman Barbara Wong Chun-chun, local media reported Tuesday.

The former U.S. boxer will perform in the comedy action film "Girls 2" produced by well-known Vietnamese actor Tran Bao Son who plays the leading role, online newspaper VnExpress reported.

"Girls 2," which will feature many Hong Kong and Taiwanese actresses, is scheduled to be released during the Christmas in Asian markets before Vietnam.

In 2005, Mike Tyson appeared in the Chinese film "Ip Man 3" which proved a hit in many countries.

"

HAIKOU, China, Oct. 23 (Xinhua) -- NBA Hall of Famer Allen Iverson talked to reporters during the Mission Hills World Celebrity Pro-Am Golf Tournament.

Question: Mr. Iverson, what is the difference between competing on the basketball court and competing on the golf course against Yao Ming?

Allen Iverson: For me, that is an easy question to answer. I have a huge respect for the guys that play that game. It is such a hard game and I never knew how hard it was until today. Playing gave me a whole other respect for the guys that play- especially the very talented ones.

Question: What sport would you, Allen Iverson, challenge Yao Ming at?

Allen Iverson: Definitely not weightlifting. Maybe basketball or a game I thought I had a chance of beating him at.

Question: What do you guys (Yao and Iverson) talk about. Andros Townsend England Jersey Fabinho Brazil Jersey Kerim Mrabti Sweden Jersey Oscar de Marcos Spain Jersey Orbelin Pineda Mexico Jersey Max Kruse Germany Jersey Cheap Liverpool FC Jerseys Wholesale Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Juventus FC Jerseys Wholesale Real Madrid CF Jerseys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Time Rush Forum Index -> Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: